I have been speaking to audiences of all sizes around the world for the past 25 years on topics connected to moral virtue, community engagement, education, inspired teaching, visionary leadership, innovative administration, city transformation, social justice, and issues related to and about teenage moral and spiritual development. I have spoken at everything from youth retreats high in the Colorado Rockies to nationally-recognized academic conferences at the nation’s most prestigious universities.
I work with city planners, school leaders, non-profits, businesses, and community organizers to re-imagine their work as pursuers of human and communal flourishing. I have helped launch progressive school initiatives and am a published author of both creative fiction and scholarly inquiry. I have a PhD in the philosophy of moral education, with an emphasis in moral school leadership.
I speak to schools, youth and family retreats, leadership conferences, churches, businesses, and non-profits on the following topics:
- Visionary leadership
- City transformation
- Living mindfully and intentionally
- Youth development and moral virtue
- Faculty professional development
- Educating for wisdom, virtue, and compassion
- Spiritual formation
Previous Speaking Engagements
- Norman High School Tiger Talks 1.0
- SHARP Six Series
- Professional Leaders and New Thinkers Conference
- Santa Fe South Faculty Professional Development
- MARKED Event
- VEEA Values and Leadership Conference
- Salt and Light Leadership Young Leader’s Retreat
- Refuge Summer Learners
- Dream Year Pitch Night
- Association of Moral Education Conference: Moral Education and Human Flourishing (Thriving Individuals/Thriving Communities)
- SALLTed Thinking Higher Conference
- High Tech High Deeper Learning Conference
- OKC Rotary Club 29–the largest Rotary club in the world
The most recent topics on which I have spoken include:
- “To Love a City”
- “Beyond School Reform: Prophetic Imagination in Education”
- “Educating for Wisdom, Virtue, and Compassion”
- “Education and Moral Health”
- “Dreaming New Dreams: Leading and Thinking With Innovation”
- “Educating for Creation vs Consumption”
- “What Breaks Your Heart?”
- “The Pursuit of Virtue”
- “Education: Struggles and Possibilities”
- “Teaching as Soul-Craft”
- “Cultivating the Fields of Education”
What You Can Expect
Here’s what you can expect from me as a speaker at your event:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation, so I can better understand how to best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A custom resource page, exclusively created for your attendees. It will include the slides I used in the presentation, along with links to books, articles, and other resources I believe will be helpful.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure I met your expectations. (I also want to know how you think I can improve.)
The Next Step
Thanks again for considering me for your event. If any of the conversations created in this blog would be something you would like to have presented in more depth at your next staff retreat, youth gathering, professional development day, church event, or creative seminar, please let me know. You can take the next step by contacting me via the form below for availability and booking information.